Sun, chlorine, and saltwater may have taken a toll on your skin throughout the summer, so fall is a time to exfoliate and moisturize.
Follow these fall skin care tips for fabulous, healthy skin:
- Ditch the soap. Fragrant soapy scrubs might feel (and smell) wonderful after a day at the beach, but they leave your skin dry. When fall arrives, switch to a soap-free hydrofilic oil cleanser. It’s time to put away the soap and bring out the gel body wash.
- Exfoliate with a herb based peel. The summer sun and chlorine may have left your skin feeling dry and flaky. Start the new season off with a full-body exfoliation session. Herb-based peels are wonderful because they exfoliate and hydrate.
- Switch from lotions and gels to cream. As the air becomes drier, your skin needs a thicker moisturizer. Creams provide a stronger oily barrier, which means they both reduce water loss from the outer layer of skin and provide hydration to this layer of skin at the same time.
- Protect your lips. Start moisturizing now to prevent dry, cracked lips this winter. Use a non-petroleum based, organic lip balm for best results.
- Invest in hand cream. Hands often become dry and cracked during fall and winter. An ounce of prevention really is worth a pound of cure. Start moisturizing your hands now to ensure soft, supple hands all winter long.