Serums and essences came to the beauty industry from the Pharmacology - a science of physiologically active substances. That is why they are able to solve skin problems quite radically. Active ingredients are the reason why serums are more expensive than regular moisturisers.
Serums and essences work around the clock, reducing wrinkles and repairing damaged skin. Their effectiveness is due a higher, compared to creams, concentration of active ingredients, as well as due a specific ingredients delivery system.
Serums and essences implementation is very wide: some make skin smoother and reduce wrinkles, others improve skin elasticity and provide a lifting effect, others improve complexion, moisturize, provide antioxidant or matte effects.
Serum and essence are considered one of the main skin care product and should be applied in the morning and evening. In order to be effective, it must be correctly applied:
- Apply serum or essence to clean skin in the moring and evening after using toner, but before applying a cream. Apply a warm moist towel to your face to gently open pores and leave skin slightly moist.
- Pay attention to every part of the face. In order to evenly apply the essence, first, place few drops on your palm (4-6 depending of your skin type), wait ubtil the treatment has reached body temperature, spread on both palms.
- Serum and essence should be applied by tapping your face with palms starting from the center and moving outwards. The tapping action encourages the serum to sink fully into the deeper layers of the skin as far as it is able to go. Do not stretch, pull or rub the skin.
- For best effect it is recommended to massage the beauty sone of your face: ala of the nose (wing of the nose), zygomatic arch or cheek bone, inner corners of the eye, eyebrows area and the nose.
- Press your palms to the chin, forehead, cheecks and hold for a round 5 seconds. Repeat each motion 3 times.
- To improve the wrinkles near eyes, pay special attention to the eyes and eyebrows area.
- To improve horizontal thin forehead lines, massage the area, start from the center and move outwards. To improve vertical forehead lines, gently massage the area with your fingers up and down.
- To tighten cheek pores, massage the area beginning from the outer side towards the nose gently pressing the skin.
Finish the massage and allow serum or essence to penetrate in deeper skin layers. Apply cream in 10-15 minutes. Let that sink in fully before you apply your foundation and normal makeup. Follow these simple instructions and you will see skin improvements in a very short time!
NOTE: If you feel any tingling when you apply the serum – don’t worry. Tingling is a good sign of active serum ingredients getting into dermis, the place where they need to be, if they are going to work.